The Perfect Souvenir for a Harry Potter Fan


My sister and I just visited the Warner Brothers Harry Potter Studio Tour outside of London and we came back with the greatest souvenir these two Harry Potter fans could ever own: videos of ourselves flying on brooms, just like in the Harry Potter books and movies.

YES!!!!

Enjoy the video above. I've shown it to my wife and kids many, many times. It's time you saw it, too.

As a marketer, I love this souvenir because it's something that visitors will take and show to people after their trip. Maybe you didn't even know that Warner Brothers kept two of its Harry Potter studios open after filming ended and that you can now tour them if you can get to Watford, England. But now you do, and that's because I've shared this video with you.

I paid for a copy of this video and now I'm telling all my friends about the studio. Incredible. And this souvenir is so much better than just a t-shirt; it shows my friends exactly what they'll get to do if they visit for themselves. 

As a Harry Potter fan, I love this souvenir because it captured a wonderful experience that I could only have at the studio. Plus, it's fun to show people the video because my acting is clearly worthy of an Academy Award. It's almost like I had been preparing for this day for a long time, just in case the opportunity to ride a broom ever came up, don't you think? 

Perhaps I Inspired This Idea 
Five years ago, after visiting a Harry Potter exhibit at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago, I wrote that the gift shop should have sold me a moving picture of myself and friends, in costumes, just like the books and movies reference. Maybe — just maybe — that thought inspired the flying broom souvenir experience that now exists in Watford.

Or maybe, not. But it's fun to think about.

Add This To Your To-Do List
How can you send your customers home from your business with something they'll want to show all their friends? Give them an experience worth sharing and then give them an easy way to share about it. Of course, that's a lot easier said than done.

There's Never a Lack of Ideas

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Porta Potties: Hilarious Product Names

Only Old People Choose Butter Pecan Ice Cream

My TEDx Talk: Hey Marketers, Get Your Priorities Straight