IES Abroad: My Favorite Integrated Campaign (Part 4 of 4)

We've made it to the final post in this series about my favorite ads of all time. Part 1 was about print ads, part 2 was about TV ads, part 3 was about digital ads, and today is about my favorite integrated marketing campaign of all time. (When I say "integrated," I mean one idea that spans all forms of marketing communication.)

Admittedly, I'm biased about this one because my favorite integrated campaign is actually one that I worked on.

Part 4: My Favorite Integrated Marketing Campaign
If you've read my book and/or watched my TEDx talk, it will come as no surprise to you that my favorite integrated marketing campaign is IES Abroad's "Your world [redefined]" campaign.

In my last year working at IES Abroad, our marketing team created simple signs printed on standard white pieces paper that said, "_______ [redefined]" and sent them to our students around the world. We invited them to write in the blank space something in their world that had been redefined because of studying abroad, and then share what they wrote via pictures and videos. We were blown away at the response — both how quickly it gained traction among students and how creative our students became in what they wrote. See some examples here.

In short order, students started participating and sharing tons of photos and videos on their favorite social media channels. We used their photos and videos in all of our marketing materials, tying everything together with the "Your world [redefined]" tag line.

I love the grass-roots nature of this campaign and how it led to something bigger than any of us had expected. I am still so proud of our team's work. Who knows what the future holds, but this may go down as my favorite marketing campaign of all time.

Add This To Your To-Do List
What's your favorite integrated marketing campaign of all time? I'd love to hear about it.

There's never a lack of ideas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Porta Potties: Hilarious Product Names

Only Old People Choose Butter Pecan Ice Cream

2023 Super Bowl Ads: Match the Celebrity Endorsers