My TEDx Talk: Hey Marketers, Get Your Priorities Straight



18 Minutes of Fame
On April 12, 2013, I fulfilled a longtime goal: I gave a TEDx talk. I was honored to be one of six speakers at TEDx UofI Chicago. Everyone at the event was a pleasure to work with.

It would be very difficult to add up all of the hours that went into preparing for my short, 18-minute talk. I think I practiced it enough to remember large parts of it for the rest of my life. I tried to bring my passion for the subject to the stage — along with a little humor and a little know-how. There's always room for improvement, but I think I did pretty well. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I must admit that I had so much fun doing the talk that I just may have to try and do another one someday. I guess we'll have to see if I have any more ideas worth spreading in the future.

Add This To Your To-Do List
Enjoy my talk! And let me know what you thought of it.

There's never a lack of ideas.

Comments


  1. Me parece que voy a demandarlos por tanta injusticia daños y perjuicios en contra mía y de mi familia porque hoy a las 3:05 PM realize y pague mi orden via aplicación y me enviaron un correo de confirmación con número de orden 8801992 a nombre Juan Gabriel Jimenez Gonzalez y el tiempo para recogerla era de 4:00 a 4:10 PM llegue alrededor de 4:20 PM por mi pizza que ya debería estar lista y sin esperar porque tuve que dejar a mis hijos varias hhoras solos son menores de edad esperando en casa muy entusiasmados por su pizza y nada llegó y los empleados y encargado del lugar mienten dicen que mi orden nunca les apareció solo haciéndose los tontos se la han de haber dado a otro cliente lo cual es una injusticia grandísima e imperdonable por si fuera poco no me regresaron mi dinero que robo yo gano poco dinero al mes y con esfuerzo compré esta pizza estoy tan triste y molesto por su culpa oficialmente cai en depresión y no se que hacer ahora para recuperarme

    ---------- Forwarded message ---------
    De: Giordano's
    Date: dom, 18 de oct de 2026, 3:05 p.m.
    Subject: Giordano's Online Order
    To:


    Westchester
    Thank You!
    Thank you for your order. It will be ready soon!


    Pickup Time
    Pickup Time:
    4:00-4:10 PM
    10/18/2026

    Pickup Location
    Restaurant Location:
    10410 W Cermak Rd
    Westchester, IL 60154
    (708) 531-1122
    Directions

    Your Order
    Chicago Classic - Deep Dish
    Choose Your Size:
    12" ($33.15)
    Qty: 1 $33.15
    Subtotal $33.15
    Sales Tax $3.73
    Total $36.88
    Mastercard *4730
    $36.88
    Balance $0.00
    Order Details
    Ordered By Thanx User
    (312) 931-5992
    Date Placed 10/18/2026 3:05:43 PM
    Fulfillment Type Pickup
    Order Number 8801992
    Fulfilled By Westchester
    10410 W Cermak Rd
    Westchester, IL 60154
    (708) 531-1122
    To cancel or change your order contact us at
    (708) 531-1122

    © GIORDANO'S 2025. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Porta Potties: Hilarious Product Names

Deep Inside the Shark Tank: 6 Questions with Kodiak Cakes

Loyalty Program? You Don’t Need No Stinking Loyalty Program